Born to Run (Jack Swyteck Novel #8) (Mass Market)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Jack Swyteck Novel series.
- #1: The Pardon: The First Jack Swyteck Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Beyond Suspicion (Jack Swyteck Novel #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: Last to Die (Jack Swyteck Novel #3) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Hear No Evil (Jack Swyteck Novel #4) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: Got the Look (Jack Swyteck Novel #5) (Large Print / Paperback): $32.39
- #6: When Darkness Falls (Jack Swyteck Novel #6) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #7: Last Call: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Swyteck Novel #7) (Large Print / Paperback): $32.39
- #9: Afraid of the Dark: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Swyteck Novel #9) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #10: Blood Money (Jack Swyteck Novel #10) (Large Print / Paperback): $28.99
- #11: Black Horizon (Jack Swyteck Novel #11) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #12: Gone Again: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Paperback): $18.99
- #13: Most Dangerous Place: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $26.99
- #14: A Death in Live Oak: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $29.99
- #15: The Girl in the Glass Box: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #16: The Big Lie: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #17: Twenty: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #18: Goodbye Girl: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Hardcover): $30.00
When the U.S. Vice President dies unexpectedly during a hunting trip in the Everglades, the President selects his friend, former Florida governor Harry Swyteck, to fill the vacant position. Called to Washington to serve as his father's legal advisor, Jack Swyteck has mixed feelings about working so closely with the parent he's been at odds with in the past. Jack's duty, however, as a son and as an American, takes top priority.
But the vipers are restless in the D.C. snake pit. A fifty-year-old secret is unraveling, and a cover-up at the highest levels of government threatens to drag both Swytecks under. When hostages are taken, Jack must get to the root of the evil and quickly because suddenly no one is safe, and the presidency itself hangs in the balance.
About the Author
James Grippando is a New York Times bestselling author with more than thirty books to his credit, including those in his acclaimed series featuring Miami criminal defense attorney Jack Swyteck, and the winner of the Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction. He is also a trial lawyer and teaches law and literature at the University of Miami School of Law. He lives and writes in South Florida.
“A veep with a bum ticker, a mishap on a hunting trip . . . In James Grippando’s Born to Run, it takes on Carl Hiaasen-esque proportions. . . . Grippando spins a fun 200-proof yarn.” — Washington Post
“[A] thrill-a-minute novel.” — USA Today
“Grippando ratchets up the action to a breakneck pace . . . stopping to liberally sprinkle the proceedings with snarky dialogue, pointed satire, and some touching father-son moments. Everything you expect in a Grippando novel and more.” — Booklist
“Grippando unveils his plot layer by layer, adding in colorful characters. Once you’re well and truly hooked, with the suspense drawn tight, it’s all blasted wide open. All you can do is hang on. When it’s over, the only question is, ‘When’s the next book out?’” — Romantic Times
“A top-notch thriller with many mesmerizing scenes . . . A distinctive, intriguing tale that could be ripped from tomorrow’s headlines.” — Lansing State Journal (MI)
“A fast and formidable read . . . Adrenaline-fused.” — Madison County Herald (MS)
“Grippando’s wise-guy dark comedy is a great strength of this series. . . . Sure-fire really is the word for him.” — Sullivan County Register (NY)
“James Grippando is a dependable author who delivers a few hours of thrills every time. . . . You can always count on [him] to offer some time away from the humdrum.” — Kingston Observer (MA)
“From the Florida Everglades to Washington politics, the action is hot and heavy when the U.S. vice president ends up dead. [An] intense thriller.” — National Examiner
“Plenty of action and the suspense holds firm until the final pages.” — Newark Star Ledger
“Grippando’s innovative spin puts Born to Run in its own category. . . . [He] shows how to shape a plot for maximum suspense.” — South Florida Sun Sentinel
“A complex plot that . . . doesn’t let up. . . . Grippando leads the reader into a twisted labyrinth in which everyone has something to hide, and something more to gain. Pick up Born to Run and you’ll have trouble putting it down.” — The Free Lance-Star (Fredericksburg, VA)
“In this multilayered story with greater depth than a traditional potboiler, Grippando’s Swyteck fights a long-standing, but improved, feud with his father. . . . Their interpersonal relationship creates a wonderful platform which Grippando uses to insightfully wrestle with all kind of ethical and familial situations.” — Contra Costa Times