Most Dangerous Place: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Large Print / Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the Jack Swyteck Novel series.
- #1: The Pardon (Jack Swyteck Novel #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Beyond Suspicion (Jack Swyteck Novel #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Last to Die (Jack Swyteck Novel #3) (Paperback): $23.95
- #4: Hear No Evil (Jack Swyteck Novel #4) (Large Print / Paperback): $24.95
- #5: Got the Look (Jack Swyteck Novel #5) (Large Print / Paperback): $29.94
- #6: When Darkness Falls (Jack Swyteck Novel #6) (Paperback): $14.95
- #7: Last Call: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Swyteck Novel #7) (Large Print / Paperback): $31.19
- #8: Born to Run: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Swyteck Novel #8) (Large Print / Paperback): $25.99
- #9: Afraid of the Dark: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Swyteck Novel #9) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #10: Blood Money (Jack Swyteck Novel #10) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #11: Black Horizon (Jack Swyteck Novel) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #12: Gone Again: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #14: A Death in Live Oak: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $29.99
- #15: The Girl in the Glass Box: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #16: The Big Lie: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #17: Twenty: A Jack Swyteck Novel (Paperback): $16.99
Defending a woman accused of murdering the man who sexually assaulted her, Miami lawyer Jack Swyteck must uncover where the truth lies between innocence, vengeance, and justice in this spellbinding tale of suspense—based on shocking true-life events—from the New York Times bestselling author of Gone Again.
According to the FBI, the most dangerous place for a woman between the ages of twenty and thirty is in a relationship with a man. Those statistics become all too personal when Jack Swyteck takes on a new client tied to his past.
It begins at the airport, where Jack is waiting to meet his old high school buddy, Keith Ingraham, a high-powered banker based in Hong Kong, coming to Miami for his young daughter’s surgery. But their long-awaited reunion is abruptly derailed when the police arrest Keith’s wife, Isabelle, in the terminal, accusing her of conspiring to kill the man who raped her in college. Jack quickly agrees to represent Isa, but soon discovers that to see justice done, he must separate truth from lies—an undertaking that proves more complicated than the seasoned attorney expects.
Inspired by an actual case involving a victim of sexual assault sent to prison for the death of her attacker, James Grippando’s twisty thriller brilliantly explores the fine line between victim and perpetrator, innocence and guilt, and cold-blooded revenge and rightful retribution.
About the Author
James Grippando is a New York Times bestselling author of suspense and the winner of the Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction. Twenty is his twenty-ninth novel. He lives in South Florida, where he is a trial lawyer and teaches law and literature at the University of Miami School of Law.
“Grippando weaves a complicated but compelling plot. Much of it nwinds in the courtroom ... Readers will find themselves liking this lawyer.”
— St. Louis Post-Dispatch
“Grippando gets underway with a bang and never lets up, springing a series of carefully calibrated surprises in and out of the courtroom guaranteed to catch even the canniest readers unaware. ”
— Kirkus Reviews
“Grippando’s newest novel will please his longtime readers and appeal to new fans who enjoy unraveling mysteries.”
— Florida Book Review