Milk Street Instant Pot: Bold, Fast, Fresh -- A Revolution of Flavor in an Instant (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Change the way you Instant Pot: 150 flexible, flavorful recipes designed for your schedule, from the James Beard Award-winning team at Milk Street.
Milk Street Instant Pot starts with fresh combinations of ingredients and innovative global techniques, and delivers one-pot meals that are big on flavor and simple to prepare. Inspired by our travels around the world and adapted for your multicooker, these recipes turn daylong simmers and braises in dishes that are weeknight-easy.
Tantalize your taste buds and find new approaches to pressure cooking for every day with an array of mouthwatering dishes:
- Vegetables shine on center stage in dozens of hearty vegetarian mains and sides like Potato and Green Pea Curry and Eggplant, Tomato, and Chickpea Tagine.
- From Risotto with Sausage and Arugula to steel-cut oats and polenta, get slow-cooking grains on the table fast -- no standing and stirring required.
- Beans cooked from scratch now join the weeknight lineup. Skip the overnight soak and load up on flavor in dishes like Black Beans with Bacon and Tequila.
- One-pot pastas mean more flavor and less cleanup. Cook Lemony Orzo with Chicken and Arugula right in the sauce -- no boiling, no draining, no problem.
- Cook chicken with a new world of flavor, from Chicken in Green Mole to Chicken Soup with Bok Choy and Ginger.
- Transform tough cuts of pork into everyday ingredients -- from Filipino Pork Shoulder Adobo and Hoisin-Glazed Baby Back Ribs to Carnitas with Pickled Red Onions.
- Make beef affordable by coaxing cheap (but flavorful) cuts to tenderness. Even all-day pot roasts and Short Rib Ragu become Tuesday night-friendly with little hands-on effort.
Previously published in Hardcover as Milk Street Fast and Slow
Praise for Christopher Kimball's Milk Street:
"Kimball is nothing if not an obsessive tester, so every recipe has an implicit guarantee . . . Scanning the streamlined but explicit instructions, you think: easy, quick, works, boom." -- The Atlantic
About the Author
Christopher Kimball's Milk Street is located in downtown Boston -- at 177 Milk Street -- and is home to a cooking school, a bimonthly magazine, and public television and radio shows. They are the authors of Milk Street: The New Rules, The Milk Street Cookbook, and Milk Street: Tuesday Nights, which won both the IACP and James Beard Awards for General Cooking.