Kings and Queens of England and Scotland (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Discover the vivid stories of Britain’s iconic rulers, from 600 CE to the present day.
From the Saxons to the Windsors, Britain's royal lineage is brought to life in the pages of this visual guide. Confused about which Henry had six wives and which was crowned at the age of eight? Kings and Queens of England and Scotland documents the public and private lives of the royal dynasties.
Year-by-year chronologies reveal the major events of each monarch’s reign, while family trees trace the royal lineage and claim to the throne of each royal house. This new edition features recent royal events, including the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, and a biography of King Charles III. With crisp biographies of each sovereign, illustrated with contemporary portraits, painting, or statues.
Kings and Queens of England and Scotland is an essential handy reference for all history buffs, and includes the following:
- Accessible guide to the monarchs of both England and Scotland with extensive royal history distilled into a handy, compact format.
- Concise summaries of every English sovereign from Alfred the Great and his Saxon ancestors to King Charles III.
- Family tree for each of the royal houses.
- Contemporary portraits, paintings, or photographs with each monarch’s profile.
- Concise bullet-point summaries of key events in each monarch’s reign.
The ideal history book for history buffs of all ages, whether you are or know of a fan of royal history, or looking for the perfect gift book for history students - Kings and Queens of England and Scotland is your go-to guide for a complete history of the monarchy.
About the Author
Plantagenet Somerset Fry was a British author and historian who wrote more than 50 books. A student of law and history at Oxford University, he funded his education by two appearances on the TV game show Double Your Money. He was a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and founded the Council for Independent Archaeology. He wrote many history books, including Mysteries of History and The Handbook of Antique Furniture. He died in 1996.