Ice and Stone (A Sharon McCone Mystery #35) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 35 in the A Sharon McCone Mystery series.
- #12: Where Echoes Lives (A Sharon McCone Mystery #12) (Hardcover): $24.00
- #19: While Other People Sleep (A Sharon McCone Mystery #19) (Mass Market): $16.99
- #21: Dead Midnight (A Sharon McCone Mystery #21) (Mass Market): $17.99
- #22: The Dangerous Hour (A Sharon McCone Mystery #22) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #23: Vanishing Point (A Sharon McCone Mystery #23) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #24: The Ever-Running Man (A Sharon McCone Mystery #24) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #25: Burn Out (A Sharon McCone Mystery #25) (Mass Market): $8.00
- #26: Locked In (A Sharon McCone Mystery #26) (Mass Market): $8.00
- #27: Coming Back (A Sharon McCone Mystery #27) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #28: City of Whispers (A Sharon McCone Mystery #28) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #29: Looking for Yesterday (A Sharon McCone Mystery #29) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #30: The Night Searchers (A Sharon McCone Mystery #30) (Mass Market): $8.00
- #32: Someone Always Knows (A Sharon McCone Mystery #32) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #33: The Color of Fear (A Sharon McCone Mystery #33) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #34: The Breakers (A Sharon McCone Mystery #34) (Hardcover): $26.00
Private Investigator Sharon McCone goes undercover to investigate the murders of two Indigenous women in remote Northern California in this gripping, atmospheric mystery in the New York Times bestselling series.
When the bodies of two Indigenous women are found in the wilderness of northern California, it is only the latest horrific development in a string of similar crimes in the area. Despite all evidence to the contrary, officials rule the deaths isolated incidents, which soon join the ranks of countless other unsolved cases quickly dismissed by law enforcement.
In a town where too many injustices are tolerated or brushed under the rug, only a few people remain who refuse to let a killer walk free. But Private Investigator Sharon McCone is one of those few. She is hired by an organization called Crimes against Indigenous Sisters to go undercover in Meruk County—a community rife with secrets, lies, and corruption—to expose the truth.
In an isolated cabin in the freezing, treacherous woods, McCone must work quickly to unravel a mystery that is rooted in profound evil—before she becomes the killer’s next target.
About the Author
Marcia Muller has written many novels and short stories. She has won six Anthony Awards, a Shamus Award, and is also the recipient of the Private Eye Writers of America's Lifetime Achievement Award as well as the Mystery Writers of America Grand Master Award (their highest accolade). She lives in northern California with her husband, mystery writer Bill Pronzini.
"Muller undoubtedly remains one of today's best mystery writers."—Associated Press
"Muller's McCone set the standard for fictional women detectives; after 35 installments, the detective's character has not diminished but continues to evolve and grow and meet all challenges head on. A must-read for Sharon McCone fans; the series should also be explored by any fan of strong women detectives." —Library Journal
"Will turn any reader into a nail-biter . . . deftness in writing combined with the lead character's passionate morality and willingness to fight for the underdog are what have made this series successful for its long run . . . delivers a fast, intense, thought-provoking read." —New York Journal of Books
"Well-paced...Tough, tenacious, self-reliant, and empathetic, McCone is fiercely loyal to her friends and family. As always, it's a pleasure to watch her in action. Muller does a fine job."—Publishers Weekly
“Muller has displayed a knack both for keeping the series fresh and for allowing her character to grow . . . Muller’s series remains a gold standard for female detective stories.”—Kirkus Reviews
"[Marcia Muller's] stories crackle like few others on the mystery landscape."—San Francisco Examiner & Chronicle
“Through Sharon McCone, Muller has created a delicious mixture of adventure, action, altruism, pathos with a touch of humor, and romance thrown in to build a massive base of loyal fans . . . She is one of those rare series authors who never lets her characters grow stale or trite.”—BookReporter.com
"One of the world's premier mystery writers."—Cleveland Plain Dealer