Financial Literacy Lessons and Activities, Grade 2 Teacher Resource (Paperback)
Give second grade students important life skills by teaching them about money and financial concepts and how to apply math to the world around them
This dynamic teaching resource provides reproducible cut-out math manipulatives, reference sheets, and visual aids to support students as they explore real-world lessons and hands-on activities related to using money, buying groceries, collecting allowances, paying at a restaurant, raising money to help others, and more.
Financial Literacy Lessons and Activities for Grade 2 is based on national and state standards and enriches any math curriculum in the classroom or home.
Financial Literacy Lessons and Activities Grade 2 is based on current national and state standards, and each of the 10 units includes:
- Teacher overview with a suggested teaching plan, discussion questions, and vocabulary
- Real-world Story that introduces each unit's theme in the context of real life
- Cross-curricular activities including vocabulary, reading comprehension, and social studies
- Math application that presents scenarios using money-based word problems
- Hands-on activities such as partner and whole-class games and role playing that bring the concepts to life
Valuable teaching tools include these reproducible worksheets:
- Cut-out math manipulatives such as play money
- Reference sheets and visual aids such as number charts and balance sheets
- Glossary of vocabulary words
144 reproducible pages. Includes answer key.
This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.