Elin Hilderbrand, 28 Summers
Celebrating Summer with Elin Hilderbrand and her newest book, 28 Summers!
Join us for an In-Person Signing with Elin Hilderbrand at the Parker House
Date: July 26th, 2020
Time: 5:30 PM
Location: The Parker House Front Porch (290 1st Ave, Sea Girt, NJ 08750)
Tickets: Click 'add to cart' below to purchase 28 Summers from BookTowne and we will add you to the list for this event. Must purchase through BookTowne to attend, only books purchased from BookTowne will be autographed author.
Important COVID Information Specific for Elin’s Event:
Must wear a mask to enter.
- The signing line (with 6ft distance between guests) will weave up from the sidewalk, onto a gravel driveway, up a few stairs, onto the covered porch of the Parker House. No seating is available.
- Signing Line is first-come-first-serve.
- We recommend that you watch the weather and wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Allow time for parking.
- Elin’s color theme exclusively for our event is PINK!
- You may have a socially-safe-distanced-selfie taken with Elin!
- Only books purchased from BookTowne will be autographed by Elin.
- Pre-ordered books may be picked up at the event. Additional books will also be sold at the event.
- Thank you for your patience and honoring these requirements so we can ensure everyone is safe as possible & enjoys the time with their favorite author!
About the Book:
28 Summers is based on the movie Same Time, Next Year
A Perfect escape about love, relationships, and the love of summer. And when you read it - have the tissues ready!
A "captivating and bittersweet" novel by the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Summer of '69: Their secret love affair has lasted for decades -- but this could be the summer that changes everything (People).When Mallory Blessing's son, Link, receives deathbed instructions from his mother to call a number on a slip of paper in her desk drawer, he's not sure what to expect. But he certainly does not expect Jake McCloud to answer. It's the late spring of 2020 and Jake's wife, Ursula DeGournsey, is the frontrunner in the upcoming Presidential election.There must be a mistake, Link thinks. How do Mallory and Jake know each other?Flash back to the sweet summer of 1993: Mallory has just inherited a beachfront cottage on Nantucket from her aunt, and she agrees to host her brother's bachelor party. Cooper's friend from college, Jake McCloud, attends, and Jake and Mallory form a bond that will persevere -- through marriage, children, and Ursula's stratospheric political rise -- until Mallory learns she's dying.Based on the classic film Same Time Next Year (which Mallory and Jake watch every summer), 28 Summers explores the agony and romance of a one-weekend-per-year affair and the dramatic ways this relationship complicates and enriches their lives, and the lives of the people they love.
About the Author:Elin Hilderbrand first discovered the magic of Nantucket in July 1993. Her recipe for a happy island life includes running, writing at the beach, picnics at Eel Point with her three children, and singing "Home, Sweet Home" at the Club Car piano bar.